It is now a tradition. As I did last year, my first blog of 2022 will be a recap of Paul Spector’s dozen most popular blogs for the prior year. The list covers a wide selection of topics within industrial-organizational (I-O) psychology and management. Some explain concepts such as self-determination theory, whereas others focus on career issues for I-O psychologists and students. Most of the articles were first posted in 2021, but there are a few that I wrote in 2019 and 2020. For those of you who have been following the blog, see how many you recall.
The biggest development for the blog in 2021 was the publication of my I-O text book 8th edition that is tied to the blog. Each chapter of Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice has two special features that include a blog article with discussion questions. A guide to using the blog in class is in the appendix.
Paul Spector’s Dozen Most Popular Blogs for 2021
Here’s the list from most to least viewed blogs according to Google Analytics. As was the case last year, the article distinguishing organizational climate from culture came out on top. The article explaining the importance of job satisfaction again came out in last position on the list.
- What Is Organizational Climate?
- What Is Industrial-Organizational Psychology?
- Choosing Your Industrial-Organizational Psychology Career.
- Guide to Industrial-Organizational Psychology PhD Program Application.
- The Secret to Successful Academic Writing.
- Being Rude Is Not the Same As Being a Bully.
- Unconscious Bias Can Destroy Recruitment.
- What Is Counterproductive Work Behavior?
- What Is Self-Determination Theory?
- Can Personality Destroy Test Validity?
- People Hate Online Zoom Meetings.
- Why Is Job Satisfaction Important?
Here’s to a happy and productive 2022 for everyone. I am looking forward to a year of new blog articles.