Scales to assess aspects of the work environment including job characteristics and job stressors.
- Control at work scale by Dwyer and Ganster (1991). NIOSH report of scale’s development.
- Factual Autonomy Scale FAS. Fact-based measure of autonomy.
- Job Diagnostic Survey, JDS. Hackman and Oldham’s measure of job characteristics. Includes German version.
- Abusive supervision. Tepper (2000).
- Bullying. Quine (2000). Developed for nurses but would work for other occupations.
- Incivility. Cortina et a. (2001). Perhaps the most popular incivility scale.
- Incivility in nursing. Guidroz et al. (2010).
- Interpersonal Conflict at Work Scale ICAWS. A meta-analysis by Nathan Bowling and Terry Beehr found this was the most often used measure of employee mistreatment at work.
- Perception of Organizational Politics Scale, POPS
- Social undermining. Duffy et al. (2002).
- Bern Illegitimate Tasks Scale BITS. By Semmer et al., 2009.
- Effort-Reward Imbalance questionnaire.
- Organizational Constraints Scale, OCS.
- Quantitative Workload Inventory, QWI.
- Role ambiguity and role conflict. Bowling et al. 2017. Addresses wording direction confound in original scales.
- Role ambiguity and role conflict. Original Rizzo, House and Lirtzman 1970 scales.