Skip to content
Behavior of Leader
- Abusive supervision. Tepper 2000, Academy of Management Journal.
- Empowering Leadership Questionnaire, ELQ. By Arnold et al. 2000, Journal of Organizational Behavior. Five subscales are Leading by Example, Participative Decision-Making, Coaching, Informing, Showing Concern/Interacting with the Team.
- Leader Indecisiveness. Adapted for use in a study of sales people by Mulki et al. 2002, Journal of Business Research from the Germeija & De Boeck 2002 European Journal of Psychological Assessment general scale.
- Leader Integrity. Simmons et al., 2007, Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Micromanagement. Limon & Dilekçi 2021, Participatory Educational Research. Dimensions of Unable to subordinate self, Time manipulation, Excessive control over methodology, Excessive reporting. Developed for school principals; could be adapted for other leaders.
- Micromanagement. Hume 2019. Thesis. Available from Proquest.
- Supervisory Support. Greenhaus, Parasuraman & Wormley, 1990, Academy of Management Journal.
- R.I.G.H.T. Leadership. Gulseren et al. 2021, Canadian Journal of Administrative Science. Measures five dimensions of healthy leadership model: Recognition, Involvement, Supporting growth & development, Emphasizing health & safety, Fostering teamwork.
- Signs of Struggle (SOS) scale. Dimoff & Kelloway 2019, Work & Stress. Behavioral mental health checklist for managers to use with subordinates.
- Autocratic leadership. Chen 2011, Dissertation. Also has measure of structuring leadership.
- Leader Behavior Description Questionnaire, LBDQ. Measures Consideration, Initiating Structure, and other dimensions. From the classic Ohio State Leadership Studies.
- Participative leadership. De Jong & Den Hartog 2010, Creativity and Innovation Management.
- Structuring leadership. Chen 2011, Dissertation. Also has measure of autocratic leadership.
- Transformational Leadership. Measures dimensions of Articulating a Vision, Foster Acceptance of Group Goals, High Performance Expectations, Intellectual Stimulation, Providing an Appropriate Model, Providing Individualized Support. By Podsakoff et al., 1990.
- Transformational Leadership Short Scale. Carless et al. 2000, Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Transactional Leadership. Contingent Reward Behavior. By Podsakoff et al., 1990.
Quality of Relationship with the Leader
- Authentic Leadership Inventory, ALI. Measures dimensions of Self-Awareness, Balanced Processing, Internalized Moral Perspective and Relational Transparency. By Neider & Schriesheim, 2011.
- Ethical Leadership. Yukl et al. 2013, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies.
- Ethical Leadership at Work Questionnaire ELW. Kalshoven et al. 2011, The Leadership Quarterly. Subscales of Concern for sustainability, Ethical guidance, Fairness, Integrity, People orientation, Power sharing, Role clarification.
- Ethical Leadership Inventory ELI. Spangenberg & Theron 2005, South African Journal of Business Management. Subscales Creating and sharing, Enabling, Encouraging, Implementing, Leading, Stimulating.
- Ethical Leadership Questionnaire ELQ. Langlois et al. 2014, Journal of Educational Administration. Subscales of Care, Critique, Justice.
- Ethical Leadership Scale ELS. By Brown et al. 2005, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Leader Authenticity Scale LAS. Henderson & Hoy 1983, Educational and Psychological Research.
- Leadership Virtues Questionnaire VLQ. Riggio et al. 2010, Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research. Subscales of Fortitude, Justice, Prudence, Temperance.
- Perceived Leader Integrity Scale PLIS. Craig & Gustafson 1998, Leadership Quarterly.
- Servant Leadership Survey, SLS. Van Dierendonck & Nuijten 2011, Journal of Business and Psychology. Subscales of Accountability, Authenticity, Courage, Empowerment, Forgiveness, Humility, Standing back, Stewardship.